No Plan to Privatise Power Distribution Companies, Says CM Omar | Kashmir Life

AhmadJunaidJ&KFebruary 19, 2026360 Views





   

SRINAGAR: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday announced that all tourist destinations closed following the Baisaran Pahalgam terror incident will be reopened by May this year.

Winding up the discussion on grants for departments under his charge in the Legislative Assembly, the Chief Minister said the government has decided to restore public access to the affected tourist spots in a phased but time-bound manner.

“I want to tell you all these destinations will reopen till May,” he said, adding that the Jammu and Kashmir Government has held discussions with the Union Government regarding the reopening and related security arrangements.

The closure of certain tourist locations had been ordered as a precautionary measure in the aftermath of the attack at Baisaran in Pahalgam, a major tourist hub in south Kashmir.

In his reply, the Chief Minister also clarified that the government has no proposal under consideration to privatise power distribution companies in Jammu and Kashmir.

Addressing concerns related to anti-encroachment measures, he said that whenever action is initiated against encroachers, authorities will first target influential violators. “Big fishes” will be dealt with before proceeding against others, he indicated, asserting that enforcement would be carried out in a fair manner.



0 Votes: 0 Upvotes, 0 Downvotes (0 Points)

Leave a reply

Loading Next Post...
Search Trending
Popular Now
Loading

Signing-in 3 seconds...

Signing-up 3 seconds...