
Jammu, Feb 16: After a thorough security review and discussion, Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Monday ordered the reopening of fourteen more tourist spots, which were temporarily closed as precautionary measures, in the Kashmir and Jammu divisions.
Sharing this information on the ìOffice of LG J&Kî on ëXí handle on Monday, February 16, he stated that besides these 14 destinations, four more tourist spots, three in the Kashmir division and one in the Jammu division, would also be reopened after the clearance of snow.
Notably, all these tourist destinations were among around 50 tourist destinations closed after the terror attack at Baisaran in Pahalgam on April 22, 2025.
ìEleven tourist spots inthe Kashmir division- Yousmarg and Doodhpathri in Budgam; Dandipora park in Kokernag, Anantnag; Peer Ki Gali, Dubjan and Padpawan in Shopian; Astanpora and Tulip Garden in Srinagar; Thajwas glacier and Hung Park in Ganderbal and Wullar-Watlab in Baramulla will be reopened immediately,î LG Sinha said.
In the Jammu division, three tourist spots to be reopened immediately will include Devi Pindi in Reasi, Mahu Mangat in Ramban, and Mughal Maidan in Kishtwar.
ìThree sites in the Kashmir division- Gurez and Athwatoo in Bandipora, Bangus in Kupwara, and one site in the Jammu division – Ramkund in Ramban will be reopened once snow gets cleared,î Sinha said.
LGís order of reopening of more tourist spots has come days after the crucial 3-day Jammu visit of the Union Home Minister Amit Shah, from February 5 to 7, 2026.
Union Home Minister on February 6, 2026, while chairing a high-level security review meeting in Jammu, had reiterated the unwavering commitment of the Modi government to attain the goal of a terror-free Jammu and Kashmir. He had noted that the terror ecosystem nurtured by elements inimical to the country in J&K had been almost crippled due to the concerted efforts of the Modi government.
Pointing out that the efforts for de-radicalisation had seen major success in accelerating the governmentís vision for a terror-free J&K, Home Minister Shah directed all security agencies to remain alert and continue work in a coordinated mode to ensure that the gains achieved in recent times were sustained and the goal of ëterror-free J&Kí was achieved at the earliest.
Notably, in the ongoing budget session, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, too, on February 10, while replying to the general discussion on J&K budget for the year 2026-27 presented on February 6 by him in the J&K Legislative Assembly, had informed the House that all the closed tourist destinations of J&K would be reopened in the coming few months after a go-ahead was already given by the central government.
ìAbout the tourist sector, new tourist sectors will be opened, and new tourist destinations will be developed. My colleagues in the House demanded the reopening of closed tourist destinations. I assure my members that this issue has been deliberated with the Centre and in the coming few months, all closed destinations will be reopened,î the Chief Minister said.
Before it, CM Omar had maintained that he would discuss the issue in his meeting with the Union Home Minister during his Jammu visit.
Earlier, on September 26, 2025, LG Sinha had ordered the reopening of 12 closed tourist destinations.
With Monday’s order, so far, the number of tourist spots to be reopened would go up to 26.
The number would further go up to 30 after the clearance of snow.






